Creating a postpartum transition wardrobe can give you the confidence you're looking for.
Since we are huge fans of the “momiform”, (obviously) we wanted to share our most versatile & comfortable wardrobe staples and how to wear them for postpartum and motherhood adventures:
- The number one thing is stylish, effortless sneakers. I wear these converse year round and I can wash them.
- Comfy, oversized tee and/or sweater. You can’t move or chase after your kids in a tight tee so go for the oversized, easy to move top.
- Maternity Jeans aren't just for pregnancy. Denim that you can move in is a must! This pair of maternity jeans is one maternity item you don't want to skip.
- A Criss Cross Drape front Sweater provides easy access when breastfeeding.
- Backpack. If you don’t have one, you need one! They are so stylish these days and every mother should be hands free running around with their kids. This diaper bag/backpack is awesome & holds everything. It converts into a messenger style bag & is in so many unique prints
- A Nursing Scarf is the gift that keeps on giving. Nurse in public, shield your baby from germs on those first outings and when they are older it is a perfect shopping cart cover. Learn what else they can do HERE.
- Make the most of those maxi dresses you wore during pregnancy with a Vest. Vests are easy to layer and are a great staple for mixing and matching your wardrobe
- Comfy Onesie: Seeing how comfy baby looks in all those adorable onesies will make it almost impossible to not want a comfortable do it all jumpsuit.
Button-Down Tops that you can also wear to nurse: Button Fronts are a moms best friend. Look for washable, non-iron fabrics!
- A cozy, cover-it-all cardigan. The longer the better!
For our 12 signature “momiform” essentials check them out HERE or under the shop section above.
1. DAINTY JEWELRY
Shop outside the big box, with unique dainty necklaces ranging from a perfectly golden pineapple to a dainty hot air balloon for the adventurous friend we all know and love!
2. A MONOGRAMMED PERSONAL TOUCH
Moorecoolers on etsy not only has eye catching Lilly Pulitzer Coolers but even prettier personalized gift options with their collection of Lilly Prints and Solid Color Options. It is THE place to hop for bright and colorful coolers, insulated Bubba kegs & wine glasses, mason jars and decals - all sharply dressed in authentic Lilly Pulitzer fabrics and inspired vinyl prints. They are offering 10% off your order with the code LUCKYDUCK at checkout!
3. PRETTY & COMFY SEPARATES
From Florals to Stripes, give the gift that will keep on giving with some cozy floral separates. Thinking of throwing a Galantines slumber party. Play some fun games and give a pair of floral leggings for the winner. Have a friend who just went through a break up? Gift her with our fancy floral lounge pants and keep her company with the Bridget Jones' Movie Series.
4. Totally Trendy Travel
these beautiful custom made bags are ideal for the world traveler, free spirit in all of us. All handwoven and beautifully embellished.
5. Girl Power Graphics
we love graphic tees for their free spirited fun and flexibility! Give a hilarious, pun intended tee to your favorite gal pal
6. Cute Cold Weather Gear
With unlimited options from speckled knits to hats with pom poms you can find a hat or scarf for just about any friend. These popular slouchy beanies are made by Colorado Chick (C.C). The original CC hat has hundreds of positive reviews and looks good on anyone regardless of gender, age, face shape, and hairstyle (or lack thereof). It is, in my opinion, the perfect unisex hat with the perfect amount of slouch!
7. Instant & Last Minute
Let her hang something fancy from the walls of that blank space you always see when you visit her new studio apartment. Printables are a great purchase because you can print out as many as you want making gift giving a cinch when you have lots of friends to think about
8. Throw A Galantines Party!
No money for gifts?! No Worries. The best gift at all is giving your gals your time. Plan a sleepover for all your gal pals, go out to the bar in sweats or throw a babes only brunch. We included some of our favorite pinterest galantines party pics for a little inspiration!
9. For New Mama Gal Pals: A useful gift that keeps on giving!