The Only 9 Things I packed in my Hospital Bag.
9 HOSPITAL BAG MUST-HAVES
Packing your hospital bag can get a little complicated. Forgetting a 'must have' is enough to throw even the most laid back woman in a panic.
I had to pack this coveted Hospital Bag/Survival tote in 24hrs at 31 weeks pregnant. Needless to say I forgot a lot. From the day we checked in for me to get induced until the day we actually left the hospital, we had spent around 7 days in the hospital. I laugh sometimes when I read these long & lengthy hospital bag lists.
These are the only items that can make the birthing experience so much better.
1. Amazon Firestick - Most hospitals only get a handful of channels. We loaded Netflix, HBO & Showtime and were able to enjoy movies and some binge watching of the Office
2. Nursing Bras - The more the better. You'll leak through these babies eventually and it will come in handy to have extra laying around when babies home and nursing. We had to switch our child to formula and I still ware these comfy bras everyday.
3. Delivery Essentials Kit - So many perfect products all packed into one! Products like disposable nursing pads, hand sanitizer, shea butter, hair ties, socks, vitamind and even a lactation bar to get those boobies going!
4. Button Front PJ's - These are heavenly and so so soft. I also felt more comfortable when family came to visit in this ensemble.
5. Flip Flops - My feet were so swollen I had to wear my husbands crocs to shower. Nevertheless having a cheap pair of foam flip flops for showering is a must
6. Camera & any charging equipment. You don't want to miss capturing those precious moments you'll never have again. If you dont have a good digital camera you may want more than what your phone has to offer. This iphone photography kit is affordable and
7. Carseat - A no brainer to some but This can be an easy thing to forget for new parents when its not part of what you normally leave the house with and you dont have your baby in it
8. Going home outfits for Mom & Baby - Moms. Dont go crazy looking for the perfect outfit. Chances are you're heading home & laying right on your couch.
9. Your Favorite Pillow - Silly I know but its a lot easier to get comfortable when you're recovering. Despite extra pillows and blankets being on hand you may find you need 3 hospital pillows to get the comfort of that favorite bedroom pillow