7 Ways To Fall In Love With Your Postpartum Body
7 Ways To Fall In Love With Your Postpartum BodyLike many women who've had a baby, I unnecessarily stressed over my postpartum body. I resented what pregnancy had put my body through, and I would unfairly pick apart every single change I noticed. It's been almost nine months since giving birth and while I'm not 100 percent confident in my body, I can confidently say that I've come a long way.
I get that my body did an amazing thing when I look down at my daughter, but despite all I had to be happy for, when I looked in the mirror at my belly, non-existent thigh gap, extra junk in the trunk or saggy mom boobs, I felt flawed and just something blahh.
My postpartum body felt foreign to me, and the inner angst that my outer shell was causing me was far from healthy. Eventually, I realized that I was spending way too much time feeling flawed and not nearly enough time using it to do the things that I love. I realized there are so many ways to fall in love with your postpartum body, even if it never looks exactly the way you want it to, or envisioned it would.
If you're struggling with your postpartum body image, my hope it that these things 7 things will help you, too.
- Give it Time Girl, Give it Time. - Baby took 9 months to grow. give yourself grace.
- Stop worrying about "getting your body back" - your body is not a missing persons case
- Toss those College Jeans already & buy some staple pieces that fit you.
- Remember No One is Perfect
- Practice Self-Care
- Get Goal Oriented & Set Goals for 6 months from now, 1 year from now and so on.
- Lastly, PLEASE throw out those old college jeans. Make room for clothes that effortlessly flatter, fit, and look great now.